Friday, July 6, 2007

My knitting journal

I have been wanting to start keeping a knitting journal for awhile now. It seems like once I've finished a project and started another I can't remember the details of what I did - what size needle I used, what adjustments to the pattern I made, etc. So, I went to the book store and looked around at what was available. I liked a few I saw but they had limited pages that could not be expanded, so I decided to create my own. I just bought a small 3-ring binder from the office supply store and covered it in some heavy upholstry fabric I had laying around. I copied a vintage note card onto some fabric, and made a little border out of some raw silk I had left over from my millinery days and stitched it onto the cover.

Inside the front cover of the journal, I made a little pocket for temporary storage of ball bands, etc., until I have time to put them on the page.

I made separate sections of the journal, with some types of things that I make frequently having their own section, such as socks, hats, sweaters, etc. Here is what the looks like.





Now I just have to start using it!




No comments: