Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Inside Outs are Done!


I finally finished my STR Inside Out socks. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. The first one really pooled a lot on the top of the foot while the 2nd one striped fairly nicely - weird! I don't mind, though, because they're so funky anyway. One disappointment was encountering a knot at the top of the instep when I was knitting sock #2. I tried splicing the 2 yarns together, but I don't think it works very well with superwash yarn. So, then I tried knitting the 2 strands together for several stitches and it looked horrible. I ripped it out and then just knit one stitch with the 2 strands, then alternated the strands for a stitch and wove in the ends when I was done. I was just disappointed since they are reversible and wasn't happy to have 4 strands to weave in instead of 2. But I think they will work out fine. I'm going to block them, since I dragged them everywhere, including my daughter's swim meet this past weekend, where it was nearly 100 degrees, so they need a nice wash to rinse out all the dirt and whatnot I picked up!

No comments: