Sunday, November 18, 2007

Stuck in the slump... and out again!


These Grasshopper socks took me forEVER to finish! I am very happy with them but I feel like I have been in a slump with my knitting. We've had several things not go well at home lately, which didn't help, but now I feel like I'm off and running again! I have been finding so many things on ravelry that I want to knit, so that has been very motivating. Plus, now that it is getting colder here I feel the urge to start something more substantial than socks, such as a sweater.

I have one in mind in particular, that I saw at my lys. It is an adaptation of the Shrug This from the One Skein Wonders knitting book edited by Judith Durant. It is hard to believe that you end up with the same sweater, because Cathy, the owner, took the pattern and made both the sleeves and the body longer, so it is more like an open cropped sweater with a one-button closure at the top. She knitted it out of Misti Alpaca Chunky, in the cream color. I think it will be a very fast knit, because the yarn is like a super chunky weight, and the pattern is quite small. Just what I need at this point, instant satisfaction!

1 comment:

Teslagrl said...

Love the photo and the socks!