Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Moss Grid

I finished my first moss grid towel, from the Mason Dixon Knitting book. I knit it using the recommended Louet Euroflax sportweight linen yarn in the Sandalwood colorway. It is a gift for my mom and dad and I had intended to finish it before Thanksgiving so I could surprise them with it upon our arrival. Needless to say, this did not happen, and I didn't finish it during our stay either! It is finished, though, and I am pleased with how it came out.

It was rather wonky and baggy looking before I washed it:



Once it wash washed, though, it really relaxed and looked much nicer.





I knit it on a size 4 (pattern calls for a 5) needle as I got gauge that way, but next time I think I would use a size 3 as I am a rather loose knitter and would've preferred the stitches to be a little tighter together. Now I only have about 8 more to make for other gifts!

1 comment:

Teslagrl said...

It turned out well. Great work!

Heidi