Thursday, November 1, 2007

Renegade Craft Fair

In September (yes, I know that was a long time ago but hey, I've been busy!) my friend Heidi asked me to go to the Renegade Craft Fair in Wicker Park, a neighborhood of Chicago. It was so amazing. We planned to stay for a few hours before heading to our Stitch 'n Bitch and ended up missing SnB altogether! There were over 300 vendors with awesome items they had crafted. Even their business cards were aesthetically beautiful!

Here are some shots of the things I found there:



I was especially happy to find the cute little bag from Rosybird.com.



I had seen this bag on her etsy site and hoped to find something like it. Lo and behold, there it was in her booth, waiting for me to pluck it up! It has a fuzzy fleece liner too. I haven't decided what I'm going to use it for yet. It's too nice for make-up. Perhaps I'll use it for all of my dpns!

The other major purchase was, of course, yarn! I bought a lovely skein of sock yarn from traveling rhinos in a colorway called Go Dutch.



It looks even better after I wound it up on my ball winder. I can't wait to knit up a yummy pair of socks with it.

The other 2 skeins of yarn were from Aisha Celia Designs of St. Paul, MN. Her colors were so tempting. I chose a very colorful skein of sock yarn in blues, purples, greens and yellowy pinky overtones.



I really splurged on the handspun skein in particular.



I want to make a winter hat with it and will have to think carefully which pattern to choose so I don't mask the beauty of the yarn with an overly complicated stitch pattern. I'm thinking of the Foliage hat but don't know if it might be too busy?

1 comment:

Teslagrl said...

Renegade was awesome! I so glad we went.

Foliage is a beautiful pattern. I think it would work.

Heidi