Sunday, June 24, 2007

STR Inside Out




Well, I've finally started knitting the first Rockin' Sock Club sock pattern using the Monsoon medium weight yarn sent with the first sock kit back in February. In a way, I'm glad for the delay since it gave me a chance to read others' posts and see what size of needles others used to make the socks. I knit rather loosely, so I always have to drop a few sizes, but I also have a high instep. So, when I read that others had to frog their socks because of a tight instep, I had a bit of a dilemma on my hands. I finally opted to use a size 0 for the toe and heel, drop down to a 00 for the foot, then up to a size 1 for the leg. And when I knit the foot, I started out trying to knit rather tightly (it hurt my hands because I was using metal needles!), then I loosened up a bit as I reached the instep. Crazy! It actually worked! I am loving how these socks are turning out. My hubby is even envying these socks, saying, "I'd wear a pair of those!" My only issue is how the striping worked out on the foot. Mine seem to be pooling weirdly instead of striping, compared to other photos I've seen, especially with the grey color. It will be interesting to see how the second sock turns out!

No comments: