Sunday, June 10, 2007

My mom's socks are finished!



My mom's socks are finished! Actually I finished them a few weeks ago but have been so busy with other projects (posts coming soon!). I really liked how they turned out but there is one aspect of the Jaywalker pattern that bothered me. It is when you slip the stitches on the instep portion to mimic the pattern used on the leg. I don't know if I was too tight when I slipped the stitches, but it turned out just a bit puckery, although after blocking it was better. I wonder how it would look if you didn't slip those stitches - has anybody tried this? At any rate, they turned out fine and my mom says they fit her perfectly! My fear is that she'll just stick them in her drawer and look at them instead of wearing them. So, please wear the Jaywalkers, Mom!

1 comment:

Vera said...

The socks looks great. The Jaywalkers are such a neat pattern.