Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Waterfall





I'm finally starting my first Woolgirl sock club mailing (from October - I'm bad!). The pattern is called Waterfall, designed by Babs Ausherman, aka Miss Babs. The yarn is also Miss Babs, a lovely melding of blues, purples and a hint of aqua. It's sport weight, which is a switch for me, and really makes the sock knitting go quickly. Plus, it is the softest wool and feels lovely on my foot.

Now, I must say, I just love this sock club. Jen, of Woolgirl, is just the best. Her customer service is top notch and she sends each sock club mailing with the cutest little touches, including a custom stitch marker with every one, plus things like soap, lip gloss and even cute bags for toting your sock work around with you (photos to come on that one!). She sells the most beautiful, soft indie dyed yarns and there is always something fun to discover on her website.

I got gauge knitting the sock with size 3 dpns but after knitting the cuff and part of the top of the sock, I quickly realized it was coming out way too loose for my liking, so I frogged back and started over with size 2's. Also, I really had trouble with the cable cast-on being stretchy enough, so I opted for a double-stranded cast-on and I think I like it better functionally, even if the cable cast-on looks neater.



With one sock finished, I must say these are going to be a favorite pair of mine. They're a little slouchy and soft, perfect for wearing when you just want to be comfy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these socks. Such a pretty shade of blue. You do such nice work on socks. I'm still knitting plain old stockinette stitch socks.
Oh well, something to add to my goals.