Thursday, February 7, 2008

Extended Shrug


I'm making this extended shrug from Misti Alpaca Chunky yarn in the natural cream colorway (100). The yarn is so soft and warm. The shrug pattern is from the One-Skein Wonders book - Shrug This pattern. I am making the body and sleeves longer, to extend it into a cropped cardigan. I got the idea from Cathy, the owner of Montoya Fiber Studio, a lys near where I live. I made the neck 5 rows of ribbing instead of 3. Also, I added 2 stitches to the body just underneath the armholes and also added 2 stitches when I picked up for the sleeves for more ease so it draped down rather than pinching in like the photo in the book.

This is my first raglan sweater and I just love how you can try it on as you go to be sure it is the right length and you like the fit. I had to keep putting it on scrap yarn so I could try it, which was a pain, but very worth it. I'm done with the body and nearly done with the first sleeve. I am really looking forward to wearing it.

No comments: